Dubai Opera is a 2,000-seat, multi-format performing arts venue located in the heart of downtown Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The building, which was designed to resemble a dhow (a traditional Arabian sailing vessel), was completed in 2016 and has since become a popular destination for a wide range of performances, including opera, ballet, classical music, contemporary dance, and theater. The venue is also home to a range of restaurants, cafes, and other amenities, making it a popular destination for both cultural events and dining. Dubai Opera is located in the Burj Khalifa District, within easy reach of many of the city’s major attractions and hotels.
Here is a suggested tour of Dubai Opera:
- Begin your tour by exploring the exterior of the building, which was designed to resemble a traditional Arabian dhow sailing vessel.
- Next, head inside to the main lobby, where you can grab a drink or a bite to eat at one of the venue’s cafes or restaurants.
- Take a stroll through the auditorium, which seats up to 2,000 people and features state-of-the-art acoustics and lighting.
- If you’re interested in the technical aspects of the venue, consider booking a behind-the-scenes tour, which takes you backstage and gives you a glimpse into the inner workings of the theater.
- Check out the calendar of events to see what performances are coming up during your visit. From opera and ballet to classical music and contemporary dance, there’s something for everyone at Dubai Opera.
- If you’re feeling hungry, be sure to visit one of the venue’s many dining options, including the Opera Kitchen, which serves up a range of international dishes with a focus on Middle Eastern flavors.
- Before you leave, be sure to take a few souvenir photos in front of the iconic building to remember your visit.