Tips For Saving Money on Transportation in Dubai.
- Book your flight tickets to Dubai tickets well in advance to get the best prices. Not to forget, searching for flights on incognito is a good tactic to avoid cookies marking up prices based on your previous searches.
- Take a flight to Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai as the flight rates to Abu Dhabi are cheaper. Direct buses are available from Abu Dhabi to Dubai and you’ll reach in less than 1.5 hours.
- Grab a NOL CARD as soon after reaching Dubai as cash is not accepted on most public transport modes, except cabs. NOL Card also saves some money as it is a unified payment mode valid over a long period of time.
- Metro is the cheapest and the fastest way of traveling through the city with tickets starting from AED 4.
- Buses are pricier than metros and take longer, but they have better connectivity.
- Refrain from using cabs in Dubai as they are extremely expensive and can run up your costs.
- Use the ferries to traverse through the Dubai Marina. This mode of transport adds an element of sightseeing to the experience, especially after sundown.
- Taking an across the Dubai Creek is a great way to experience the city’s historic mode of transport. A one-way ticket per person costs only AED 50, economical and exciting!