Discover Dubai Museum
The Dubai Museum is a museum located in the Al Fahidi Fort, which was built in 1787 to defend Dubai Creek. It is the oldest building in Dubai and has been restored and turned into a museum to showcase the traditional way of life in the Emirate of Dubai. The museum features a variety of exhibits, including displays on the history of Dubai, the traditional Gulf Arab lifestyle, and the local environment. The museum also has a section on the pearl industry, which was once a major part of the local economy. Other exhibits include traditional weapons, musical instruments, and a diorama of a traditional market. The Dubai Museum is a popular tourist attraction and is an excellent way to learn about the history and culture of Dubai.
Here is a suggested tour of the Dubai Museum:
- Start your tour by visiting the Al Fahidi Fort, which houses the museum. Take a moment to appreciate the fort’s architecture and history as the oldest building in Dubai.
- Head inside the museum and begin exploring the exhibits. Start with the history of Dubai, which covers the early history of the Emirate and its transformation into a modern city.
- Next, visit the exhibit on the traditional Gulf Arab lifestyle, which showcases the customs, traditions, and daily life of the region.
- After that, head to the exhibit on the local environment, which covers the flora, fauna, and geography of Dubai.
- Then, visit the exhibit on the pearl industry, which was once a major part of the local economy. You’ll learn about the history of pearl diving and the process of cultivating pearls.
- Continue your tour with the traditional weapons exhibit, which features a collection of swords, guns, and other weapons used in the region.
- Finally, visit the diorama of a traditional market, which gives you a glimpse of what it was like to shop in a traditional Dubai market.
At the end of your tour, be sure to take some time to visit the gift shop, where you can purchase souvenirs and other items related to the museum and the history of Dubai.